Westbury on Severn, GLS
[O.S. Ref: SO 717 139]
Dedication: St. Mary, St. Peter and St. Paul
The detached belfry tower, standing about 50 yeards from the church, was built about 1270 as a garrison or watch tower and commands a view across the river Severn and the surrounding countryside.
Many generations of the Dowding family are buried in the churchyard, 10 graves have been identified so far. Not all the tombstones remain completely legible.
This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.