Thorpe St. Andrew, NFK
[O.S. Ref: TG 261 084]
Dedication: St. Andrew
The ruined tower of the medieval church, which was deemed to be too small and was partially demolished in the 1880s, stands at the entrance to the churchyard. The modern church which stands behind it was built in the 1860s to the designs of Thomas Jekyll.
The earliest reliable records of the Olby family [spelled variously as Allbey, Allby, Alby and Olby] date from the marriage of John Allbey with Mary Gedney on 4th September 1757. Members of these families were buried in the churchyard between 1805 and 1874 but none of the graves has been located.
This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.