The Temple Church, LND
[O.S. Ref: TQ 312 811]
Consecrated on 10th February 1185 by Heraclius, Patriarch of Jerusalem.
A late 12th-century church built by the Knights Templar as their English headquarters. It was modelled on the circular Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, this being a common design feature for Knights Templar churches. It is famous for its 13th and 14th century stone effigies.
This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.