[O.S. Ref: TL 147 317]
Dedication: St. Mary
The largely 12th century church stands within the bailey of a former mott and bailey castle. The tower was rebuilt by John Loughborough Pearson 1876-77. The interior is unusual for its simplicity and lack of stained glass, shattered by a World War 2 V1 flying-bomb.
This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.