Middleton-by-Wirksworth, DBY
[O.S. Ref: SK 277 557]
Dedication: Holy Trinity

The church of Holy Trinity Middleton was built in 1844 in a rectangular plan in the Victorian Gothic, Perpendicular style.
Gilbert Hall [1796-1870], his wife Elizabeth [née Slack, 1797-1863] and two of their sons are buried in the churchyard.
The east window is dedicated to Gilbert and Elizabeth's son Ebenezer Hall and there is a plaque on the outside wall to the right of the church door laid by their grandson Gilbert Hall to mark the dedication of the window in 1923.

Return to the previous page

This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.
Last update : 9th January 2016