Long Clawson, LEI
[O.S. Ref: SK 722 271]
Dedication: St. Remigius
The Parish Church of Long Clawson is dedicated to St. Remigius, the 6th century Bishop of Rheims. Although dating back to the Norman period, the main structure of the church is 14th century. It was restored in the late 19th century at a cost of £5,000. Five of the bells in the tower date from around 1350, three more have been added recently.
The nearby Long Clawson Dairy has been making award winning blue stilton cheese since 1910.
This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.