[O.S. Ref: TG 007 412]
Dedication: St. Andrew and St. Mary
The church, built of local flint, dates from the 14th century and was enlarged and rebuilt in the 15th Century. The Tower in the Perpendicular style, with decorative base course flush work, was built in ca 1450. Captain Frederick Marryat, the author of many novels and children’s books including 'Midshipman Easy' and 'The Children of the New Forest', is buried in the churchyard; his memorial is on the north wall inside the church.
This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.