St. Helen, Bishopsgate, LND
[O.S. Ref: TQ 331 813]
Dedication: St. Helen
Dating from the 12th century, St. Helen's has two parallel naves, the northern originally belonging to the priory of Benedictine nuns which stood on the site until the dissolution in 1538. Until then the northern nave was separated by a partition from the southern nave, used by the local parishoners. It is the largest surviving parish church in the City of London and it contains more monuments than any other church in the City.
This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.