[O.S. Ref: TL 713 908]
Dedication: St. Nicholas
This 15th century church stands on a small hill the foot of which would have been washed by the sea before the fens were drained. It was built on the site of previous Saxon and Norman buldings. The tower collapsed in 1898 whilst undergoing repair and remains in ruins. The south wall of the clerestory contains three two-light Perpendicular windows. These are flanked by six flushwork panels carved with decorated letters and designs. Members of the Armiger and Newell families were baptised, married and buried here during the 18th and 19th centuries. See also Feltwell, St Mary
This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.