[O.S. Ref: TG 335 092]
Dedication: Dedication: St. Andrew and St. Peter
The 15th century Parish Church of St Andrew and St Peter, largely replacing an earlier Norman structure, is the oldest building in the village. Its large size reflects the prosperity of the wool trade during this period.
The parish registers record the baptisms, marriages and burials of the Overed family from the early 18th century. Robert Olby and Frances Overed were married here on 8th March 1790 and the graves of John Downing Overed, died March 20th 1849, and his son John Davy Overed, died December 1st 1909, are to be seen in the churchyard.
This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.