St. Anne & St. Agnes, Aldersgate, LND
[O.S. Ref: TQ 321 814]
Dedication: St. Anne & St. Agnes
Almost completely destroyed by the Great Fire of London in 1666, the church was rebuilt by Sir Christopher Wren, possibly with the assistance of Robert Hooke, to an unusual design based on that of a Greek cross. Extensively restored in the 18th and 19th centuries St. Anne & St. Agnes was largely destroyed by bombing in 1940. It was rededicated in 1966 and functioned as a Lutheran church until 2013. It is now the Gresham Centre for vocal music performance, outreach and education.
This document and photograph are © Chris Newall 2016 and are not for sale or general publication.
The photograph may not be reproduced without permission.